November 12, 2006

Wind hold

Well, we were supposed to be training on the glacier today but the lifts are on hold due to wind. We were all up and ready nice and early and then sat in a cafe waiting for news. There are two groups of guys doing GS training; mostly BASI instructors training for the euro test, and one group of 8 of us doing slalom training; some to do the test technique, some to train for team races that they're competing in and some just to get some early season skiing in.

We came back to the hotel around 10.30 after they informed us that the lifts wouldn't open at all today and had some instruction in ski tuning, which becomes a little more important when you're racing. Later today we'll do some off snow exercise and then, hopefully, start skiing tomorrow!

Share this entry: Email it! | bookmark it! | digg it! | reddit!

Posted by Len at November 12, 2006 12:17 PM | Categories: R21 - Race training , Season 2 - General
Due to the proliferation of comment spam, Iíve had to close comments on this entry. If you would like to leave comment, please use one of my recent entries. Thank you and sorry for any inconvience caused.