February 12, 2005


It stayed above freezing all last night and this morning we woke to 2'C and rain at apartment level. The weather forecast says that the freeze point is at 1700m or so which is way up the mountain so we've decided to take a rest day today.

The longer term view of the weather is that the freeze level will drop to 600m tonight and that we'll have snow for three days or so. We're not too bothered about missing a few inches of fresh stuff up at 1800m today; we'd have to be dipping in and out of the rain to ski it.

We had been planning to ski over at Praz sur Arly, another nearby micro resort, and the other small resorts near to it; Lucy was going to take us on a bit of a tour of the quieter places to ski during French half-term. The thought of drag lifts in the rain was enough for us to cancel that plan and stay in bed.

Share this entry: Email it! | bookmark it! | digg it! | reddit!

Posted by Len at February 12, 2005 10:00 AM | Categories: General
Due to the proliferation of comment spam, Iíve had to close comments on this entry. If you would like to leave comment, please use one of my recent entries. Thank you and sorry for any inconvience caused.